1949


Chiang Kai-Shek

It is now January 1949; I have led the Nationalists into disaster and let Beijing fall to the communists. I have resigned and I think it is time to no longer be the president of China. I am now in Taiwan where I am creating the Public Of China, as a last resort against the communist Chinese. It all started when I went to Japan at the age of eighteen, thinking I was there to study at Tokyo’s Military Preparatory College, but the person I met there would change my future forever. His name is Sun Yat-Sen Four years later in 1911, I returned to China to help fight in the revolution to overthrow the Ching dynasty. The Kuomintang Nationalist party was founded a year later under his name. After a series of bloody and internal conflicts I became the dictator of China, but my job was never secure. It was a controversial event that not only changed my country but the rest of the world as well. My task was to create an army for the Nationalists also known as the Guomindang. After Sun Yat-sen’s death I had several advantages to take over my rivals, my strong army and my politically central position in China. By June of 1928 I was able to control all of Canton, Beijing, and Nanking these huge cities only making me the new chairman and commander in chief of the army stronger. It was April 1934 where two armies were locked in an intense combat. Us, the nationalist had an overwhelming military advantage and were using it to surround and destroy the communists. The communists were desperate for a solution and their risky decisions changed the country of China forever. Rather then defeating the warlords and unifying all of China, I took control of the Nationalist party. I kept alliances with many of them. Emerging communist. I wanted to preserve social order; I knew the communists would aim for nothing else that a total revolution. An uprising that would overthrow my one million men and I, the reds were a force that needed to be stopped. I wanted the communists to surrender and obey the nationalist government. It was September 18, 1931 when my forces were closing in on the Jagang province. Nearly 1000 miles North from us the Japanese army had invaded Manchuria, they did not ignore our valuable, natural resources like we thought. As they moved into the northeast I sent my forces to the north. I was in a terrible situation, the Japanese army was on the move in the north and the red army was in the south.





No comments:

Post a Comment